LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

If there is an active arrest warrant against me now, but i

Customer Question

if there is an active arrest warrant against me now, but i have an attorney working on getting the warrant removed and also have a contract with attorney, if i happen to get pulled over for any reason and they run my license and see the warrant, would me explaining that i have an attorney working on my warrant and show the police officer the contract help me in any way? or would the police officer still detain me regardless of the contract with my attorney?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am sorry but it would not. The Officer has a legal obligation to take you into custody. Even though you are doing the right thing and trying to resolve this and have hired legal counsel, the Officer is not going to simply let you go. They will take you into custody.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you have any other questions or concerns. I am here to help so please just let me know.