Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a small business and a customer purchased product

Customer Question

I have a small business and a customer purchased product from us on behalf of his client. His client paid him however they did not pay us. We want to put a lien if some sort on the company that is using the product to either remove the product and return to us or pay us directly. Our customer us threatening bk but hasnt yet. What can we do to get paid direct from their client??
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What product are you referring to?

2. Did your company arrange for the installation of the product or did you simply sell a product to a customer who in turn sold it to another person? Was the product affixed to a piece of real property?

3. What kind of monetary loss are we talking here?

4. Do you have any evidence to suggest that the customer never intended to pay you?

Doug