TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

We have a problem, we store all of our product in a

Customer Question

We have a problem, we store all of our product in a warehouse and they also offer us some shipping services.
We always request price lists and also just to make sure everything is clear we always request a quote explaining the service needed, this warehouse sent us a quote and now when they are invoicing us they are charging 4x more the cost we agreed.
we spoke to the owner many times and he's answer is we pay or we loose the merchandise and they keep it.
There is also many reviews online from people saying that they experienced the same thing once they have the goods they force people to pay more money than the prices agreed, is there something we can do?
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to help if I can. Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct any necessary research, and type a response. Thank you.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Q: is there something we can do?

A: You can sue the warehouse for breach of contract with regard to the invoice which is 4 times more than what was previously agreed. Before you get to that point, however, my suggestion would be to retain a local attorney who can send a demand letter on your behalf. The letter can state that unless the warehouse either (1) honors the agreement, or (2) allows you to remove your items to find a different warehouse, then you will be forced to sue. My guess is that the warehouse owner will agree to either (1) or (2) once he hears from an attorney, since the last thing he'll want is to be sued, especially if the facts are as clear-cut as this. It will likely cost a few hundred dollars for the letter, and then at least if you need to sue, then you have the attorney already prepared.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!