TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

How does california determine length of marriage i think my

Customer Question

How does california determine length of marriage i think my wife the primary incomer filed but i havent been served 10 year anniversar is august 4 is it serve date for lentgh or filed date for length also we lived together ten additional years
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

The marriage begins on the day of the wedding, and ends on the day the judge issues the divorce decree. The marriage neither ends on the service date nor the filing date.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!