Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I recently bought used car in Texas, I 't have valid drivers

Customer Question

I recently bought used car in Texas , I don't have valid drivers license due to medical reasons , I told this to salesman at time of purchase , as well as , they paid for my insurance for first month so also stated on insurance application , they initially took 70.00 then 2 wks later took another 1100.00 then 264 .00 a wk later . After 1 wk they text me stating I needed an old license , or some form of ID , I couldn't find one except one from college and I faxed it , I didn't realize it was one I used to get in bars prior to be 21 so info was sorta incorrect as far as birthday ,instead of them calling and asking me about it they waited til whole down payment was collected and then took car back .they stated I did not tell them I had no dl which is untrue , I then called previous employer and had copy of dl ( real one ) sent they said then that was not problem it was that dl was not current , I was upfront about not having dl that's why I never test drove and brought driver , they maintain their entitled to keep down payment is that true
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Does the contract you signed state the deposit is nonrefundable?

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Are you online with me?