Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I am undergoing a divorce suit. I was at my friends

Customer Question

i am undergoing a divorce suit. I was at my friends place.She called me to say that she would do something drastic if I did not come immediately. So I come.called the police and reached my house.She threatened me with a big knife and told me "I will kill you then I will kill myself.". The police saw it all and handcuffed her and put her in an ER for 72 hrs,.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: ca
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: the divorce has been filed but I need to file a civil suit for disrupting my life and putting me in a trauma like condition
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: The details can be discussed personally
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal, and private, phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. How long ago did she assault you with the knife?

2. Were the police there when she tried to kill you?

3. Have you seen a mental health professional to deal with your emotional upset from the assault?

4. What state are you in?

Thanks in advance,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
1. It was in April 2016.
3 Not yet
4 ca
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Would you like me to call you for just an additional $10?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
need some time to talk so could we talk tomorrow morning at 8am.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Yes, I can call you at 8 AM CA time tomorrow. You will need to accept the call offer I made and then provide me with your number, and I will get to my office early tomorrow to call you. You will need to accept the call offer this afternoon/evening if you want me to call in the morning before my normal office hours. I will not go to the office early just to see if you accepted the call a few minutes before you want me to call you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No sir please do not call.
I got my legal advice from other source.
Thank you anyways.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You need not chare me any futher. Instead of USD 5 you have charged me $35.
Kindly refund the balance $30 immediately. I don't need your legal advice which you have not given so far. All you have been doing is to pressurised me to talk to you. So I cannot trust you anymore sir.