Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

I had a customer, C., who brought her broken laptop. She

Customer Question

I had a customer, Linda C., who brought her broken laptop. She paid $29 for diaganostics which would go into the repair if she wanted to repair. Next day, I called her to let her know it was a motherboard issue which would cost $250 to her if it's repaired and would take up to a month but it would take a week or so in average., and started to work on it under her permission.
Three days later, she would like to have it quickly. I explained it would take some time to examine and find out which chips were malfunctioning. She and I agreed that she would wait until the end of Saturday closing, by 4pm. So, we continued to work on it. We were excited to be able to fix it on time or earlier, and picked up the phone on Saturday morming to let her know we 'almost' fixed up to 99%. But I was surprised to hear that she would not repair it (it was Saturday morning around 11am.) I just let her pick it up in the afternoon on the same day.
In a month after she picked it up (not only she broke the contract), she wrote a bad review at Yelp excdluing all the facts. I called her but there was no use. I sent a letter, attched in this email with her review.) but didn't get a response.
Do I have a case in this situation? Because I used a sub-contractor for this repair, I can prove my claims or have a witness for my claims.
I appreciate for your advise.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 3 months ago.

Yes, I believe you have a very good claim that would be best addressed in small claims court. There is a theory of quantum meruit in that you should be paid for services rendered otherwish she would be unjustly enriched.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 2 months ago.

If you have any additional questions just let me know otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.