Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

Ok if you want last week I called the hoa president and s

Customer Question

Ok if you want last week I called the hoa president and his code enforcement officer a liar. The president called the cops, I was not arrested and went home.they sent me a certified letter notice to sign. I refused to sign. I never signed any agreement with them because My daughter is the owner. I have limited power of attorney representing my daughter. I will refuse the letter on the basis of not having signed any contract with the hoa.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: there has been targeted enforcement against me and my daughter by this code enforcement guy. leaving notes on my trash stating I was ruining the neighborhood because of this trash which was waiting to be picked up.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately, refusing service of a certified letter is not really going to do anything. Just because you do not have a contract, you are a resident in that community and are bound by their bylaws. However, if you feel there is harassment or selective enforcement then involving an attorney and possibly filing a lawsuit makes the most sense.