Nishan Parlakian
Nishan Parlakian,
Experience:  Principal at Consumer Law Office of Nishan Parlakian, Esq.
22033236

MY MOTHER HAD PURCHASED A USED VEHICLE AND HAD RETURNED THE

Customer Question

MY MOTHER HAD PURCHASED A USED VEHICLE AND HAD RETURNED THE VEHICLE TO THE DEALER, THE DEALER HAD THEN SOLD VEHICLE FOR LESS THAN WHAT SHE OWED. THE FINANCE COMPANY FILED IN COURT AND A JUDGEMENT HAS BEEN FILED AND APPROVED BY A JUDGE IN THE AMOUNT OF $950.00. MY MOTHER HAS BEEN DIRECTED TO FILL OUT AN INCOME AND ASSET FORM THEN RETURN TO CLERK OF COURTS.THE QUESTION I HAVE IS WHAT COULD HAPPEN TO MY MOTHER IN THE EVENT SHE DOES NOT RETURN THE INCOME/ASSET FORM, OR MAKE ANY EFFORT TO PAY THE DEPT. SHE RECENTLY CLOSED HER BANKING ACCOUNTS TO PREVENT DRAFTING. SHE RECEIVES APPROXIMATELY$1200 DOLLARS A MONTH FROM SSI AND A PENSION FUND
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Good day. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Does your mother have any assets which are in her name, such as a home, a car, jewelry, etc.?

Expert:  Nishan Parlakian replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm sorry about the trouble you are having. For the first question I would only complete a form that you describe if it were sent in the forma of something called "an information subpoena". If it were me, and it was not a legal document I would not complete it. If it is a legal document like a subpoena the yes complete it. But judgement creditors cannot touch your ssi and sometimes cannot reach your pension. So being on your side, I don't believe that the finance company can really do anything. If you have more information please let me know and I will provide more information. If you can rate me in the meantime I would be grateful. Thanks, Sean