Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

I had went to a dealership to purchase a new vechile they

Customer Question

i had went to a dealership to purchase a new vechile they told me i had been approved signed all the documents drove home with the vechile they had said to wait for my payment books in the mail then to make my payments thru westlake finacial about a month later the dealership had been calling me to tell me my loan had not been approved and that i needed to pay them directly the payments. i hadnt recieved any written document from the finacial institute that the loan had not gone thru so i was hesitant to pay the dealer then this past weekend they came and took my truck back i have the contract that states i owe westlake finacial not the dealer can they take my truck back
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** *****

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Did you make payments to Finance company instead of the dealership?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no i hadnt recieved my payment book in the mail

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, if the buyer does not make monthly payments for the vehicle to the finance company or the car dealer (once informed that the loan was not approved), then the dealer can in fact repossess the vehicle and this is an issue that would have to be resolved with the dealer.

I wish you the best of luck!