Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I have a 17-year cat who is a companion/therapy animal; I

Customer Question

I have a 17-year cat who is a companion/therapy animal; I live in an over-55 independent living apartment and there is a leash law, but my cat won't allow me to put a leash on her! I let my cat go outside but have told I must keep her inside. The management warned me in two written warnings but claim they have warned me six times. Now I have an eviction notice to remove my cat (who has kidney issues) or be evicted. Are there any provisions to protect my comfort animal?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Did you save the warnings that you have been issued?

2. What does the notice say? Is it a Notice to Cure or a Notice to quit?

Thanks in advance,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.