Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a 17-year cat who is a companion/therapy animal; I

Customer Question

I have a 17-year cat who is a companion/therapy animal; I live in an over-55 independent living apartment and there is a leash law, but my cat won't allow me to put a leash on her! I let my cat go outside but have told I must keep her inside. The management warned me in two written warnings but claim they have warned me six times. Now I have an eviction notice to remove my cat (who has kidney issues) or be evicted. Are there any provisions to protect my comfort animal?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Did you save the warnings that you have been issued?

2. What does the notice say? Is it a Notice to Cure or a Notice to quit?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.

Doug