Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a humerus fracture proximal to my shoulder, around

Customer Question

I have a humerus fracture proximal to my shoulder, around 7-10, and 7-13-2016. My DO in Sealy, TX, is the person I went to see. We had a "debate" about the use of Tylenol for pain. I told him this would not work to ease my pain especially during the end of the day.
I am a former nurse, and my last nursing with with hospice. We deal with the 1/2 life of every medication we gave to our patients. It was obvious to me, my DO does not understand the 1/2 life of meds. Tylenol, and some other OTCs have a 1/2 life of just 1/2 hours to 1 hour. This is when the effect of the med reaches its peak and then goes down.
He was so angry at my talk with him, he walked out of the exam room and into the reception room, yelling at me the whole time. In the waiting room, this yelling continued. There was a patient in the waiting room, who unfolded his newspaper and hid behind the paper. All of his staff heard this, as well.
I am upset about the violation of my personal information through the HIPAA Law.
Susanne Smith
tootiecomputie***@******.***
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, thanks