Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I helped my grand daughter buy a car. The dealer ship

Customer Question

I helped my grand daughter buy a car. The dealer ship finance officer put me first on the contract. Later she got married and husband is the one who wrecked. She maintained her own insurance. Her husband died. Etna is trying to recover what they paid and they were able to get a judgement against me. I am a disabled veteran on limited income. My only involvement was signing what I ask to be second on the contract.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 8 months ago.

Good morning. Can you clarify why they are trying to sue you? Since the car was wrecked, are they going after you for the balance of what was owed after the insurance paid out?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No they are going after me for my son in laws wrecking the car and Etna is trying to recover what they paid to their customer.

Are you on title to the car or only the financing agreement?