Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

In in an extended care facility with another patient both of

Customer Question

In in an extended care facility with another patient both of us are 46, full cognitive functions and our own powers of attorney. We are here for our own issues and are actively planning our release back into society. We have been told by staff to 'cool things down', even though we are completely platonic friends....he's married and I have always respected that. It just helps having someone on the same cognitive level here to talk to....we are always helping others with their issues, and are trying not to cause extensive attention to ourselves like others here.....grabbing eachother, nicking in hallways having sex in public. We have asked for permission, like adults to have time in our own rooms. I feel it's discriminating that same sex couples are allowed to, but two friends of the opposite sex can't have privacy
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm in the state of el paso.....not sure of the county...but the facility'so name is***** healcare
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

1. Is this a privately owned facility or government owned?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Privately owned, but state funded
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry, but I am not finding an answer to this and it appears it will require some intensive research of IL law. I will opt out and let another expert try.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 3 months ago.

Different expert here.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I rea through your facts and I understand your complaint but what specific question can I assist with?