Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience

I do return once a year or so visits. If there is a warrant

Customer Question

I do return once a year or so for short visits. If there is a warrant out for me, that would be unfortunate if I was stopped for a traffic violation, etc. How would I fine out if they took action against me for this violation?
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for the additional question. I appreciate your support.

If you are to be cited, charged, or fined, they have to provide you a written notice that they are doing so and give you an opportunity to be heard on the charge. So you will receive that at your address of record.

At that time you will have another opportunity to send in a written response describing your situation. It would be wise to respond in writing at that time, as well as send the letter we previously discussed.

Also, if an action is taken against you there are numerous websites as well as the official record that you can search your name for. If there are any pending or decided matters they will appear in the record. So you can do a background check on yourself to see what if any record exists about this or any matter.

Here is the link to the Maryland site:

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,