Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

This person owes me $1800 and said she'd pay me back $150

Customer Question

This person owes me $1800 and said she'd pay me back $150 every time she got paid on the 6th and 21st of every month. She hasn't paid me back and instead has gotten a car and insurance but doesn't have a driver license. It's been two months now and she now says she can't afford to pay me back $300 a month and that she'll pay me little by little. But I have a written agreement with her that she'd give me $300 a month.
Expert:  Roger replied 2 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 2 months ago.

If you have a contract with this person, and she has breached it by failing to pay, you can sue in small claims court for the amount owed and seek a judgment for those costs, plus any legal fees (attorney fees and filing fees).

Expert:  Roger replied 2 months ago.

Once you have a judgment, you can seek to recover via wage garnishment, bank levy, etc.