Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I am a police officer who was a sergeant years who was

Customer Question

I am a police officer who was a sergeant for 20 years who was recently demote for conduct unbecoming. It was alleged inappropriate comments I made towards female coworkers. A a result I required that may case be heard at the DC Office of Employee's Appeal. It is scheduled for a hearing soon and I was advices that I needed a legal brief. I don't know what is a legal brief and I'm in need for a lawyer that can assist me. However, I do not have and real income due to me being ill, I have run out of all leave. Please help me with a resolution with this matter. Thanks!!
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You are not represented by FOP or some other police association? Legally, we cannot actually represent you or any customer of this site, it is forbidden by state laws, so all we are allowed to do is answer questions for customers.