Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

My question is regarding best course of action to take with

Customer Question

Hello-
My question is regarding best course of action to take with 1099 contacted employee who has created a shadow website of our business, used company photos and assets as well as sales history, and is pitching it as their own, under a new brand name and driving business to themselves. Can anything other than a cease and desist be filed? We are a small independent business. Thank you!
Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

While the ex contractor, in the absence of a non-compete agreement, is free to engage in a competitive business, they may not appropriate your property, proprietary assets and trade secrets to do so.

Send a cease and desist and if they do not comply, sue them for misappropriation of your proprietary assets, trademark infringement and fraud.