Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.

My question is regarding best course of action to take with

Customer Question

My question is regarding best course of action to take with 1099 contacted employee who has created a shadow website of our business, used company photos and assets as well as sales history, and is pitching it as their own, under a new brand name and driving business to themselves. Can anything other than a cease and desist be filed? We are a small independent business. Thank you!
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

While the ex contractor, in the absence of a non-compete agreement, is free to engage in a competitive business, they may not appropriate your property, proprietary assets and trade secrets to do so.

Send a cease and desist and if they do not comply, sue them for misappropriation of your proprietary assets, trademark infringement and fraud.