Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I lost some saving bonds. I found a form Claim Stolen or

Customer Question

I lost some saving bonds. I found a form Claim for Lost Stolen or Destroyed United States Savings Bonds (PD F 1048 F). It requires a certifying officer to certify it, but it says no notary certification. Who would be such an officer and where can i find one in LA?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

In regard to replacement of a US Savings Bond an authorized certifying officer are those people who have been qualified as that under the US Savings Bond program. These officers are usually available at a bank, trust company, or credit union from which you can get savings bonds. I don't know what type of program they actually go through to get certified but any place that sells savings bond will have an authorized certifying officer.

This link is supposed to have a list of places in LA county that carry savings bonds but I was having a problem getting the website to open today:

http://ceo.lacounty.gov/wpp/savingsbonds.htm

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.