Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

Gher story short my situation is basically I met this woman

Customer Question

Higher long story short my situation is basically I met this woman on craigslist to purchase an item and she changed her mind on the spot about the price so I'm from San Francisco she's from Stockton I've traveled like four hours for this product and she and I agreed that she can hold my computer my MacBook as collateral but I made sure that she texted me that that is mine and that she's not allowed to sell it or do anything with it is my property is all documented so then after I sent her the money the next day either she changed her phone number or whatever if you give me a fake address I can contact her so what I did was I googled her and I went to the fake address and the woman that was there said that she moved out but she still had her actual phone number so I finally was able to contact her because I now I have her actual phone number so she can't dodge me anymore and also the time that I met her I gave her my resume as well so she had my email address all my contact information so basically what happened was the first time I contact her she said that she's busy and she cannot come meet with me because she was at a birthday party but she says that the computer is at her house and she promised give it to me tomorrow or the next morning she claims that her husband donated the computer to charity but who donate a $1200 MacBook computer charity that clearly is mine because he had multiple stickers on it and with my name on it and I am 99% sure that she just wanted to keep the computer for self because when I was speaking with her she even said something about trying to turn on my computer whatever I was just wondering can I sue her for negligence or anything in civil court regarding the situation
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The issue I'm worried about is technically I willingly gave her the computer as collateral
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Or if you like sir I would love to talk to you over the phone will be much better I feel like you got understand the situation a lot better my phone number is(###) ###-####feel free to call me anytime
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Yes, you can sue her for negligence. You can file a claim against her in Small Claims Session. Click on the link below for Small Claims forms and instructions:

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
your opinions what are my chances of winning this case

Your chances are high.