Cerecita
Cerecita,
1470369

HOw early do I need to be there 8am United flight to NY via

Customer Question

HOw early do I need to be there for an 8am United flight to NY via Denver On July27.
Expert:  Cerecita replied 8 months ago.

Hello, and welcome.

It is always recommended that you arrive at least 2 hours early, to allow for going through TSA security screening. The lines may be long or short, but you have no idea until you get there. Lines have been longer, due to summer travel, recently.

I wish you a great flight!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed.

Warmest regards,

Cher

Expert:  Briarcliff767 replied 8 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you . According to United themselves the information you received is incorrect.If you're not checking luggage, plan to arrive at the airport at least 60 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time.
If you are checking luggage, plan to arrive at the airport at least 90 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time.Please let me know if you need further help.A 2 hour arrival is for international flights only you are traveling domestic
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/travel/airport/process/default.aspx
Expert:  Cerecita replied 8 months ago.

Hello again,

This is Cher, the original expert who answered your question. I'm sorry for any confusion or inconvenience, but my information is completely correct, as corroborated by the very first paragraph on the page/link the expert who posted after me, included:

"Longer lines at security checkpoints

Travelers at airports throughout the United States and its territories are currently experiencing longer lines at TSA security checkpoints. If you are traveling in the coming weeks, please plan accordingly and allow for extra time at the airport. The TSA advises arriving at the airport two hours before your flight for domestic travel and three hours before for international travel. To save time at security, we encourage you to visit tsa.gov and apply for TSA Pre✓®."

-----------------------

I hope this helped to clarify the issue for you. As I mentioned in my initial answer to you, lines are longer now, due to the larger number of summer travelers.

I hope you will see that my original answer contains the correct information and I hope it was helpful to you.

Warmest wishes,

Cher