Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

Very old friends of mine are children of a iconic star.

Customer Question

Very old friends of mine are children of a iconic star. Their fourth stepmother hates two of the 5 children he has within other marriages. The father has Alzheimer's. He was a good friend of mine.
His fourth wife has his POA and continuously sues his elder children, charging them with preposterous claims. On May 16, 2016 Governor Haslam of Tenn., signed into law a Bill that is named for this iconic star. It protects all Tenn. wards from being secluded by a POA as long as the people asking to visit are long term friends and family. The wide fought the Bill in the senate and has millions of dollars to fight. His children do not have the money to fight her every motion. The Bill gives the POA the right to petition the court to stop visitation if the family is doing physical or mentally damaging things to the ward. The ward lives in a facility. She is now alleging that the star's 59 year old daughter who toured with him for 24 years is having inappropriate sexual relations with her father and that the son is compromising his father's welfare by posting photos that, with an expert, can show the location of his father. Meanwhile the fourth wife and her children post photos with their dad on social media. I have known all of this star's wives and all his children. The case is sealed and was sealed at the request of his eldest daughter. We haven't been able to find his kids a proper Nashville probate lawyer. The judge appears to be corrupt. The wife is using 450-900 an hour lawyers to strip visitation with their father. Can I go and be a character witness for the kids and also testify against the wife, who I have known for 35 years? I do not live in Tenn. , I live in California. If I break the seal, can I be extradited to Tenn to face charges? Or would she just sue me in California for breaking the seal, slander orvwhateverveksecsge could think up. There is a GoFundMe page up and fans are putting in money for the kids defense not even knowing what she us accusing the kids of. Please advise . Thank you.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

The wife is using 450-900 an hour lawyers to strip visitation with their father. Can I go and be a character witness for the kids and also testify against the wife, who I have known for 35 years? I do not live in Tenn. , I live in California.

Response 1: Yes. You can do that. You do not have to live in TN in order to participate in a hearing or trial.

If I break the seal, can I be extradited to Tenn to face charges?

Response 2: This is a civil case. The aggrieved party can file lawsuit against you, but the lawsuit would be in California where you reside.

Or would she just sue me in California for breaking the seal, slander orvwhateverveksecsge could think up.

Response 3: Yes, she can file lawsuit in California where you reside.

There is a GoFundMe page up and fans are putting in money for the kids defense not even knowing what she us accusing the kids of. Please advise . Thank you.

Response 4: See my previous responses

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I appreciate your answers through 3 but am I to underrstand the wife can sue the party who started a go fund me page as well as the people donating? Nothing so far has broken any seal and is in fact, public record.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you saying that the person who started the Go fund me site can be sued as well as donors? I notice many of the donors are giving anonymously. If I did break the seal and simply told the truth, am I best served to sell
My home? I do not have a large income. So, let's say she won, what is your opinion on the dollar amount I could be forced to pay?

I appreciate your answers through 3 but am I to underrstand the wife can sue the party who started a go fund me page as well as the people donating?

Response 1: No.

Are you saying that the person who started the Go fund me site can be sued as well as donors? I notice many of the donors are giving anonymously. I

Response 2: I did not say that. You did not ask a question regarding the "gofund me donors." I merely referred you to my previous post when you ended your post with "Please advise."

If I did break the seal and simply told the truth, am I best served to sell

My home?

Response 3: You are asking for legal advice with this question and I cannot provide it because it is against the terms of service for Attorneys on the site to provide legal advice. The Attorneys on the site provide general legal information.

I do not have a large income. So, let's say she won, what is your opinion on the dollar amount I could be forced to pay?

Response 4: I cannot answer this question either.

Expert:  Ray replied 4 months ago.

Ray here a new expert.Can you tell me what questions you have that are unanswered so I may assist.Thanks for your patience.

Expert:  Ray replied 4 months ago.

Let m e ask are these proceedings sealed by the judge here, please clarify..