CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

We lived in apartment we have mold in our apartment

Customer Question

We lived in apartment we have mold in our apartment properties manager forced us to move out .my wife has chest pain we got letter from Dr it might be mold causing her chest pain it damage our furniture they did not pay for moving Dr wrote letter back in Feb,2016 can you help us my name is***** ph #(###) ###-####thanks
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 4 months ago.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

I am very sorry to learn about this situation and of your wife's medical condition.

While most landlord/tenant disputes are relatively simple matters that tenants can handle on their own (with no need to retain an attorney), when there is a significant personal injury - particularly one such as a respiratory infection that can arguably have many different causes (you can be assured that if sued the landlord's attorney and retained experts will argue that some other cause was responsible for your wife's condition) - it is simply necessary for you to retain a lawyer to represent you (you need experts and resources that exceed the scope of what most individuals have at their disposal to represent themselves).

Personal injury claims are based on expert testimony, this means you, or your attorney, will need to find a medical expert to testify as to the cause of your injury. The same (or a different) expert can then testify as to your projected future damages and cost of medical care.

Again, as discussed above, due to the complexity of these claims, I highly recommend that you retain a plaintiff's lawyer (also called trial attorneys). Fortunately the majority of these attorneys will provide you with a free consultation, and many will represent you on a contingency basis (they will advance the costs of litigation and legal services in exchange for a portion of your successful settlement or judgment).

You can find local attorneys using the State and Local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).