Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Husband died, Called Wells Fargo to pick up the truck as

Customer Question

Husband died, Called Wells Fargo to pick up the truck as couldn't pay for it. When they picked it up then put a claim in for all kinds of repairs they said had to be done. Insuracne company called wanted to know about the accident it was in. It was not in an accident and truck was fine when they picked it up. Can a finance institution put a claim in on someones insurance Is this a legal thing
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. You want to know if the bank (the finance company) can demand you pay for the damage done to the vehicle?