Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

How can I get employment info from the 1950's from fedders

Customer Question

how can I get employment info from the 1950's from fedders quigan, a now defunct company?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What type of information are you looking for?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How can I obtain employment info on Fedders - Qigan Co, a now defunct co. from the 1950's
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
this co. was in Buffalo, NY.

What type of employment info? Are you looking for personnel write ups, payroll sheets, retirement account info, etc.?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Need proof I worked there and that it was a plant that made bombs
q

I don't see that anyone is showing as having bought that company now and, even if they did., the chances of them having the personnel records from the 1950s are almost 0%. However, what you can do is contact the Social Security Administration and ask them to provide something saying that you worked for the company. While they may not have any of the actual paper records that were filed they should still have the information about the company paying into your social security from back at that time.

Also, if they had a pension plan then the US Government may have records of the pension. The agency that tracks that now is at http://www.pbgc.gov/ and you can contact them and ask for information.