MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.

I filed a lien on a truck,and the owner filed a declaration

Customer Question

I filed a lien on a truck,and the owner filed a declaration of opposition I took the owner to small claims court and lost case reason being late filing.i can not sell vehicle now because lien is no longer valid and from what I understand I cannot appeal court case.Is there another resource / option available that I should be aware of as of now I haven't found a anything worthy? I am in California and represent a family tow corporation the vehicle has accumulated over $9000 in fees but my suit in small claims court was for $4500.The owner requested / demanded return of the truck in which I are there any legal repercussions I should be aware of?
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 3 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The short answer is that there is nothing more you can do at this point. You are obligated to return the vehicle or you will be in violation of the judgement.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.