Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

Grapevine, Tx. parking ticket at DFW airport North remote

Customer Question

Grapevine, Tx. parking ticket at DFW airport North remote parking.
parking in a handy cap space with a copy of my sisters disability Placard because I took her to New Hampshire for a change of pace. Needed disability placard for our out of town trip, as she has a difficult time walking... its not like I don't have the real placard. Car was towed and stored and cost us $521 to get it out. Also got parking ticket for $298, and on top of that will go to court on Sept 15 for the display of the copied placard. I'v been punished plenty already for showing my sister some compassion and now face at least another $500 when I go to court unless the small town prosecutor is willing to at least reduce the fine...is there any point is hiring a lawyer for my defense or is this a cut and dried issue.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

This is one of those that there was a clear violation of the law and yet a judge may be willing to forgive the ticket and dismiss it due to the facts if you get a lawyer. You would want your sister there to testify but if she is willing to do so then 9 out of 10 judges would dismiss the ticket since you have already been punished due to paying to get the car out of impound.

A lawyer can likely get them to agree to, at the most, a pretrial diversion with a very small fine if not an outright dismissal.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.