LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

I play fantasy football online and I have evidence that the

Customer Question

I play fantasy football online and I have evidence that the guy running the league is running two or maybe three teams to enhance his chances of winning, the rules strictly forbid this.
He collects $105 dollars from each participant, there are 12 players in all.
Do I have a legal recourse against him, criminal or civil
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. How do you know this guy or get involved with him? Have you brought this to his attention? Seeing how the season has not started yet, are you going to play in the league or are you asking about previous actions by him?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I met him through an online forum last year and paid for 2015 and 2016.Apparently this has been going on for at least three years, the previous owner of my team left for the same reason.We confronted him yesterday and he is trying to bury the whole thing in a barrage of abuse and threatening to throw people out of the league.I took screenshots of the login times for both teams and the evidence is pretty compelling that he is running two teams
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I took the screenshots between February and June 2016

Thank you. Allow me a moment

If his intent was to defraud and cheat others out of their money, then it may rise to the level of criminal. You can contact the police but for something like this, they may say it is civil. If anything, you could sue him, along with the other players, for the return of the money. If the rules of the league strictly prohibit this and he is doing it and there is evidence, the Judge may order that he return the entry fees. After all, it could be argued that the rules are the terms and conditions of the agreement are the contract which everyone agreed to and that there was a breach and he benefited from his wrongdoing.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can I sue for damages as well as my court fees?

Yes, if you can show damages. In this case, you would need to show the Judge how you were damaged by this. It would be hard to say if he had not done this, then you would have won, since you do not know the outcome.

Is there anything else I can answer or clarify