Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I have a question.What will happen if 2 person had

Customer Question

Hi,I have a question.What will happen if 2 person had argument/small fight.In which both party did not harm each other.First person age is about 40 and second person is about 27.
First ,person has been living in America for 18 to 20 years .With some reason both of them had a argument .Suddenly ,In the middle of argument first person grab the arms of second person and started to shake.Not,once but twice .Second person tried to stop him but he did not stop.So,second person suddenly saw a vegetable cutting knife and show him and said don't mess with me.And on the very movement after saying he kept the knife after relaxing mistake and said sorry.Even first person said sorry .so both person exchange sorry.also,second person ask first person do you want to go to police for 2 second of mistake.first person said No.we were like a brothers so again started to talk normally.
Again ,After few months second person contacted first person and asked brother have U went to police for that small argument.He said no .We are like a brothers we both did mistake and exchange sorry .So,This topic has been closed.So will this affect second person .If gone to police will this affect second person because he is younger then first person also living in America for only 3 years.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 9 months ago.

If nobody goes to the police, there is nothing to be concerned with. If one of the persons goes to the police, the other one might get charged with a criminal offense. Both men are adults, so the ages are not relevent to this question.

An assault, depending upon the facts and circumstances can be considered an aggravated felony by immigration, which would make it potentially a serious offense for either person if they are non-citizens, but more particularly for the one who has only been here for three years, if the case is not handled correctly.

Right now there is no case, but if there ever is one, neither person should try to fight the case without an experienced attorney.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Both person exchange sorry .And ,Both of them will not file case against each other.And both patch up on the very movement.But ,Third person are spreading such things again without knowledge of both person.But both person don't want police in this problem.Because ,Second person know some sort of truth about community .So Third person are spreading such news.But second person want to go to police and complain about third person speeding some wrong message to hide truth.And second person has already confirm with first person have U went to police he said no and never gone complain we both have sort out our problem.and we are like a brothers .That things have already finish.and second person is a permanent resident but first person is not.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 9 months ago.

It doesn't matter what the third person does. He is not a witness to the crime and if the first and second person don't want to get charges pressed, nothing can happen.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
First and second person had already forget this issue .This issue has been suddenly brought by third person and their is no witnesses for this as well.And second person don't want to hide his mistake as well.But third party are putting pressure on second person.Because second person knows some wrong truth about third party community.And when second person call first person about small fight and ask did U went to police or not because if U have went to police then I have to go to police to explain the situation .And second person said we haven't fight with eachother.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If second person went to police then will his resident will get affected or first person get any sort of affect because both first and second person don't want to harm each other.But second person want to complain about third person because third person are touchering second person to work as well as forcing to live america.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Plz answer my question
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Third person means one whole community.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 9 months ago.

If the second person reports the first person's crime, then the first person's residency can be affected IF he is convicted of that crime. The second person can complain about the third person. That is an entirely separate matter and has nothing to do with this argument. There is no reason the second person cannot report the torture he is experiencing from the third. It has nothing to do with the fight with the second person, which he does not even have to discuss.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Second person has nothing to complain about first person.Because first person has only encourage for fight .second person has took knife for 2second.and first person don't wantvto complain about it.and first person has no legal papers / greencard nothing.If second person went to police to complain about third parties .then what will happen.Because ,first and second person don't won't to complain or talk about their problems.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Because third parties are bringing this issue without knowing any truth.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 9 months ago.

The problems between the first and second person do not have to be discussed in order to report the third for an unrelated issue.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are u their
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 9 months ago.

I answered your last question already. Our replies must have crossed.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 9 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.