Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I red a wedding videographer and he was not there and or did

Customer Question

I hired a wedding videographer and he was not there and or did not capture the majority of the event on video. He was not there for any of the prep. The ceremony video was all shaky so could not be used and he only got bits of the reception. Two weeks after the wedding he said that he downloaded our video on his computer and the computer was stolen. He seems to have the majority, but know that some is missing. So far I have only expressed deep disappointment with his work. He gave me an option to pay cash for half off his price of $3000, so I paid him $1500. Is that all that I can recoup? Because this is a one time event, it is worth more to me than $1500.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Minnesota
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I have not asked him for the $1500 back yet and started to research it to see if there are other damages that are worth pursuing.
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, occasionally I will respond from a mobile JA unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response - but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. I'm sorry - that's very very disappointing. I agree that your priceless memories are worth much more than $1,500. Frankly, I don't think you owed him *anything* and if you decided to sue him for damages you may recover both what you paid and then some, depending on what the judge found. It might be worth it to consider filing in small claims court if he is unwilling to refund your money.