Kim Courtney
Kim Courtney,
Experience:  Founder/Member at Food Business Association
8989662

I have a equipment loan 4 years ago. Loan amount is

Customer Question

Hi, My Name is Ivan *****.
I have a equipment loan 4 years ago.
Loan amount is 105,000.00 @5.59% interest
Contract say 48 payment of $2446.75
The first month is not a full cycle of 30 days (26 days) so I pay $2120.52
This month will be the last payment. My bank withdraw $2446.75 instead of $326.23
So total my bank charge me 48 payment of $2446.75 + 2120.52 (They call it interim rent. )
I wonder any attorney can tell me if my bank can charge additional $2120.52
Thank you
Ivan chaing
Expert:  Kim Courtney replied 10 months ago.

Hi Ivan, I am an attorney and am happy to help.

It's ok if the amounts charged are different, but in order to determine whether that last payment of $2,120.52 was legitimate is to ask for a full accounting. You are entitled to see that full accounting and you should be able to determine whether you have over paid.

If you did over pay, you just have to mark up the accounting document and send it back to them with a letter, state that you "dispute the debt" and that you would like a check back for that amount. If this was a mistake you shouldn't have a problem getting it back, once you can show them that it was a mistake.

Let me know if you have questions about this.

Kim

Hello. Just checking in with you today. I didn't see any follow up questions for you and this question is still open.

I am online today if you have any questions about the above. If not, please do rank my answer with positive feedback, so that I get credit for my work with you.

Thanks so much and take care,

Kim

Hello, This is Kim, the attorney who assisted you last week.

I see that this question is still open. Please go ahead and rate my answer with positive feedback. The top three ratings will make sure that I get credit for my work with you.

Thanks so much and take care,

Kim