Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law

Georgia property reconveyance procedure.

Customer Question

Georgia property re-conveyance procedure; I loaned my mother money to buy a condo. She has repaid it. Can I just (1) return the promissory note with "paid in full" written on it, and (2) send the Security Deed to the Clerk of the Superior Court (Fulton County, GA) with the standard form plus a processing fee? Is it that simple? Thanks.
Expert:  Ray replied 3 months ago.

RealEstate Lien Release

STATEOF __________

COUNTYOF _________

__________________________________,referred to as HOLDER, is the owner of that certain Deed of Trust, executed by_____________________, acknowledges payment in full of the same, which wasrecorded at _________________Book, page ___ of the ________ County, State of_________, and consents to the release of the property from the lien andsatisfaction of the Deed of Trust on the record.

__________________________________,having being duly sworn to tell the truth, acknowledges the execution of thisrelease of Deed of Trust for the purposes stated herein.

Mycommission expires: ___________________

This should take care of it .I appreciate the chance to help you today.