Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

Two clauses i have questions about. One is the Notices

Customer Question

Two clauses i have questions about.
One is the Notices Clause. 'Any Notices or delivery required herein shall be deemed completed when hand delivered,delivered by agent or placed in the US Mail to parties listed herein'.
There is no address provided anywhere in or on this contract for notices.
Two is the Right of inspection clause.
It directly calls for written notice of at least 7 days. We have received nothing from email and cannot deliver by any other means due to their being no business address.
My question is can i start to look at using the good faith clause or should I look at the overall legality of this contract as the party who signed this wants out of it.
Thanks
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 4 months ago.

I hope this message finds you well. I am a licensed attorney with over a dozen years of experience handling complex contractual litigation. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

I believe, based on a lot of experience, that the issues you raise here are not enough alone to void this contract. You need to look at the contract as a whole and the overall legality of the contract relative to the general purposes and agreements upon which it is based.

When you rely on technicalities, like addresses and even notice provisions, to void an entire agreement, you will run into headwinds in most courts. As such, use these issues to paint a broader picture to support your claim as to the legality of the entire agreement. In other words, don't use these two things as the primary reason for voiding the contract, but as ancillary support in view of the larger issue of legality.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Please also rate my answer positively (THREE OR MORE STARS) on the ratings interface on your end.

Thank you and best wishes!