Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Can TSA confirm my Grandson traveled on an airline? I'm not

Customer Question

Can TSA confirm my Grandson traveled on an airline? I'm not sure the airline, I would say he would have traveled from somewhere in Florida to Cincinnati, or from Cincinnati to somewhere in Florida or both.
My husband and myself have custody of our Grandson and believe our Grandsons other Grandmother, who has visitation with him, traveled with him with False documentation, and probably didn't even use his legal name. He would have traveled sometime between July 3rd and July 17th. What kind of identification would have been required for a 3 1/2 year old boy?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
TSA cannot give out such information without a subpoena or warrant, which means they would not be able to tell you where he went or what airline he went on without a subpoena or warrant from the police. SO in order to get a subpoena, you would have to have a lawsuit filed already and serve that subpoena to TSA under that suit.
A child that young only would require typically a birth certificate and the adult traveling with the child's identification.