Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

How do I cancel a credit card processing lease.

Customer Question

How do I cancel a credit card processing lease. They sent me first data equipment. They're called prestige and claim "now" that there lease is uncancable but I have been with them 14 days and my equipment gets no service in my area.
My business is in Iowa and they are in Washington.
Additional Information:
Google search tells me that they are a ripoff company.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
First off, what does your contract itself say about cancellation?
Second, have you informed them the equipment does not work, which is something they have to provide under contract (working equipment)?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have informed them. They claim it to be non-cancelable.

Thank you for your reply.

Regardless of whether the contract says it cannot be cancelled, if they are not providing you what the contract says they will provide, they are in breach of the contract. So you have given them notice the equipment does not work and if they do not provide you working equipment they are in breach and as such you can sue them for that breach and cancel the contract based on their breach of contract. You would not be made to pay for services they cannot provide you and the last thing these companies want in most cases is litigation, so if they will not terminate based on them not being able to provide services, you would need to sue them in court for failure to provide working equipment in breach of contract and seek damages from them through the court.