Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I am a NYC restaurant owner. I am concerned I may not have

Customer Question

I am a NYC restaurant owner. I am concerned I may not have strong protection from an oportunstic employee such as Marshall Moar's article on the NY Post July 11, 2016. I wrote a policy and want it reviewed for legal use
Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please:

1) Link me to the article in question, and

2) You can attach the policy and I can take a general look at it and see if any "red flags" come up, but a detailed legal review is not possible by a JustAnswer expert as this is meant to be general information only and not legal advice.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.,d.dmo
Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.

Thank you. Please allow me about 5 minutes to review and I will reply. My apologies in advance for the short wait.

Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.

I am afraid that this needs an expert more familiar with NY law nuances. I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other experts.

Your JustAnswer Account has not been charged for this conversation and your question is back in the queue. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should an expert pick it up, you should be alerted via email and/or SMS (text message) unless you actively disable these features.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this will "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other experts' access to it.

My apologies for any inconvenience and good luck.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR as your previous contributor had to leave.
Your agreement is clear and is mostly fine. I notice though you do not address tips, are there tips involved and if so are they pooled or individual to the employee?