Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am poa 80 year old father he is gambling heavily 3 or 4

Customer Question

i am poa for my 80 year old father he is gambling heavily 3 or 4 grand a week at this rate he wont be able to pay his mrotgage should I put a stop to it?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Regrettably, no you cannot. POA means you can act on his behalf and he can also act on his own behalf. However,this does not me that you can stop him from doing things on his own if he is still competent to do so. If you want to take care 100% of his affairs, you need to Petition the Court for Guardianship of his person and Conservatorship of his estate. You can obtain the forms at the local Courthouse in the City where he lives in the Clerk's office.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.