Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Afternoon/Evening, my Dad was a victim of a collar crime in

Customer Question

Afternoon/Evening, my Dad was a victim of a White collar crime in Anchorage, Ak. The loss was approximately 85k. The State Attorney General's Office advised, that they have limited resources regarding investigative efforts. The Police Dept referred us to the FBI, who in turn said the loss did not meet their minimum threshold to open a case. Although, a special agent is doing some cursory investigating at this time. Do we have legal recourse? Not one charge has been filed by anyone on my Dad's behalf. His funds are depleted and a private attorney is not affordable. Are there Pro Bono options?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking if you can force the government to prosecute this case?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, but thank you for trying to assist me.

Welcome. Do you have a question today?