Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer

I got an email regarding NRMP violation.... need help, I am

Customer Question

I got an email regarding NRMP violation.... need help
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: I am in new york
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that you got a violation notice.

What else can you tell me about your situation? What are your questions?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Report of Alleged Violation
The NRMP received information from Ms. Meredith Skelding, coordinator of the Transitional Year program at Baptist Health System. On March 15, 2016, Ms. Skelding forwarded to the NRMP an unsolicited email from Dr. Qureshi regarding an unfilled position in the Transitional Year program. On March 15, 2016 at 7:20 a.m. central time, Dr. Qureshi emailed Ms. Skelding requesting consideration of his application for a position. Dr. Qureshi had applied to the program through ERAS as part of the SOAP process
This i an allegation on me. Please help

What are your questions about what happened?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I need help. What should be my next step. They want me to answer them until Aug-2-2016

If you're disputing that a violation occurred, the next step is to send them a written, signed statement that lays out your side of the story. If you don't respond, they'll make a decision without your input, which means they're probably going to decide against you (because they've already decided that there was a possible violation, or they wouldn't be notifying you). Your response will be sent to members of a panel who will review the entire file to determine whether you did anything wrong.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have no idea what should i write. This is because they have put an allegation on me that i contacted the program to consider me for the position, what i actually asked them was to review my application and consider me for an interview invitation. I never asked them to consider me for the position.

You can tell them that. Clarify that you weren't asking to be considered for any position. The best response in these situations is usually a truthful one.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That's why i contacted you. I need your help to write an answer

I'm sorry, but this is a question and answer website. We provide information, not legal representation. That's why we're able to charge a tiny fraction of our normal hourly rates. If you need a local attorney to write the response, you can find one at

If you have any more questions about the process, I'm happy to answer them. Otherwise, customer service can close out the question for you.

That's also why I twice asked what type of help you were looking for. Because I didn't want to take up your time if you thought you were hiring a lawyer.