Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Right now I am currently paying two rents a month next two

Customer Question

Right now I am currently paying two rents a month for the next two months due to my failure to fill out a reason to vacate form. My reason to vacate is because the contracts up. My silence should not indicate that I wish to stay longer, they should hold me to my end of the alotted time in the contract. Is there anyway I can fight this bogus rule?
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for the information, however, I am unclear on the facts in your case. Is this for an apartment you vacated already? If so, did you have a written lease? If a written lease, did it say how you had to give notice to terminate the least (for example in writing 30, or 60 days in advance)? When did you actually give notice, when did you move out and when was your lease complete? Finally, did they rerent the property already?