Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

My ex husband has my daughter living in a detached room

Customer Question

My ex husband has my daughter living in a detached room outside of the house without a bathroom or closet. She is 14 and if she has to use the bathroom during the night and go into the house but walking alone outside in Arizona where we have coyotes, etc. There aren't even curtains and she worries about the 2 boys that live there walking by and seeing her change her clothes. My ex has a girlfriend living there with a 12 and 14 year old boy that both have bedrooms inside the house.Also, he took her on a trip to the mountains and made her sleep in a bedroom with the 2 boys and she called me distraught and unhappy. She made me promise not to say anything and I want to know if these things are legalThank you.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 4 months ago.

Has your ex-husband been given formal custody? I believe that if you took the matter back before the court that gave custody of her to your ex husband, the court would be inclined to remove her. Those living conditions may be legal Or abusive, depending upon what is actually going on. And by be worth a phone call to the Arizona Child protective services to look into the living conditions there.