Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

First Resolution just won a default judgement against me,

Customer Question

First Resolution just won a default judgement against me, even though I reaponded to the court by letter. I wasn't able to show up in person. They haven't even provided proof that the debt is mine. How did the judge side with them?
JA: You're dealing with a tough issue. But don't worry -- you're in good hands. I know the lawyer has information that can help.
Customer: Okay thank you.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I tried getting the legal aid in Indiana to represent me. They weren't able to approve sending a lawyer in time. Another lawyer suggested I just settle. I don't want to pay someone else's debt.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: They claim the debt was purchased from Citi Bank in 2007. Citi bank says the original debt was $500. FRIC won a judgment for almost $6000.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question regarding the situation that I can answer for you?