TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

California non dischargeable judgement .do they need to be

Customer Question

california non dischargeable judgement .do they need to be renewed every so many years?
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

The judgment needs to be renewed every 10 years. See the following Code which states that the statute of limitations is 10 years for a judgment:

337.5. Within 10 years: (b) An action upon a judgment or decree of any court of the United States or of any state within the United States.

But note that the following Code allows for renewal every 10 years:

683.120. (a) The judgment creditor may renew a judgment by filing an application for renewal of the judgment with the court in which the judgment was entered. (b) Except as otherwise provided in this article, the filing of the application renews the judgment in the amount determined under Section 683.150 and extends the period of enforceability of the judgment as renewed for a period of 10 years from the date the application is filed.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!