Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

DDO I HAVE 30 DAYS TO GET MY MONEY BACK REAL ESTATE MENTOR?

Customer Question

dDO I HAVE 30 DAYS TO GET MY MONEY BACK FOR A REAL ESTATE MENTOR?
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Did you sign a contract with a 30 day rescission period?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I DID THIS BY PHONE AND AFTER I PAID THEY SAID I HAVE 5 DAYS TO CHANGE MY MIND . I UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE THIRTY DAYS TO CHANGE MY MIND. I AM NOT SATISFIED WITH THEIR SERVICE.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
DON'T CONSUMERS HAVE THIRTY DAYS TO CHANGE THEIR MIND?
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

No, there is a 3 day right of rescission for telephone or door to door sales.

Where did you see a 30 day right of rescission?

Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Are you still online with me?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
5 DAYS ISN'T ENOUGH TIME TO KNOW IF IT IS RIGHT FOR ANYONE. I AM 82 YEARS OLD AND THEY JUST KEPT CALLING M AND I THOUGHT I WOULD TRY IT AND IF WASN'T FOR THEN I COULD GET MY MONEY BACK.
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for the additional information. I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.

Unless you have a contract with a 30 day cancellation provision, if you have purchased something after a phone solicitation then you have 3 days to cancel. Here is the statute:

" NRS 598.230  Right of buyer to rescind contract of sale; notice of rescission.  Any buyer who enters into or signs a door-to-door sale contract in which the total purchase price of the goods or services is $25 or more may rescind such contract by giving written notice to the seller either by delivering, mailing or telegraphing of such notice no later than midnight of the third business day after the date such door-to-door sale contract was entered into or signed. The notice shall be addressed to the seller at the seller’s place of business and shall contain words indicating the buyer’s intent to rescind the transaction previously entered into."

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
CAN Y OU ANSWER THIS'
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

You can also file a consumer complaint with the Nevada Attorney General.

See the following link:

Consumer Complaint

Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Are you able to see my responses?

Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
IF I DIDN.T SIGN ANYTHING TEN HOW CAN I GET MY MONEY BACK?
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

If they did not provide what they promised to, and the claim does not exceed $10,000, then you can sue them in small claims court. Small claims court is designed to be "user friendly" so that you can present a claim without an attorney. Also, it moves much more quickly than regular court. You can get the necessary forms to start from the clerk of the court.