Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I am a Texas resident seeking legal help in regards

Customer Question

I am a Texas resident seeking legal help in regards ***** ***** issue in which I live. I am an owner and the complex is bound by HOA.Problem: I have an inside ceiling leak for almost 2 yrs now and can't get resolution from the Board.Thanks,
Bettye Jones(###) ###-####
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your legal question for us about this issue?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for your reply however I stated my problem and expected your response in if/how a lawyer would resolve a problem of this nature. I am not about to continue adding credit card charges for every question.Thank you
Thank you for your reply.

You seem to misunderstand how this service works, you are not charged for every reply. You have made a deposit only which is not released until you leave positive feedback for the expert who is not an employee of this site.

We asked you for more information because you did not specify what exact type of help you want from us and many customers misunderstand the services provided by this site thinking we can actually provide them legal representation, which we are forbidden by state laws from providing. We can provide only information to customers about their situation and laws in their state, but we cannot represent anyone and that is why I asked you specifically what your question was for us.

If you were seeking representation, then you need to go to a local attorney for that representation and I apologize for any misunderstandings.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Often times the customer doesn't know the type of help we need and is why we seek Legal Zoom for answers or guidance.
I wasn't expecting actual legal representation for $36 and don't expect to be charged for this chat.Thanks
Thank you for your reply. You are still misunderstanding how this site operates.

Your initial post contains a very general statement of the issue and does not state an actual question for us. When this happens with customers we do not know what information they want to know and frequently if we try to answer them based on such scant information many times customers are upset claiming they already knew what we tell them.

Again, this is why you were asked for additional information and to specify what your question for us was. Also, as stated above you are not charged for anything but a deposit until we have finished providing you all of the information you are seeking, meaning you can reply back and forth to us to ask further follow up questions as required about your issue.

We would be more than happy to assist you with the information you are seeking, but you have to communicate properly with us in order for us to do so. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I guess I'm still confused and misunderstood about your service and don't know what question I should have asked.Please end my chat.
Sorry for your confusion. Please consider going to a local attorney for assistance and you can get your deposit refunded by contacting customer service at***@******.***