Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.

I am being accused of stealing my mothers vehicle after my

Customer Question

I am being accused of stealing my mothers vehicle after my mother gave it to me. My twin sister is suing me for the car. What should I do?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Tx
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, I am in the process of looking for one
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: My sister called me yesterday saying if I don't turn the car back by this Thursday she will report it stolen. It is already in the litigation process. Court 11. Can I drop the car off at a police station or am I able r
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 3 months ago.

You can't be accused of stealing the car if someone gave it to you voluntarily. Notify your local police department that your sister might try to file a stolen car report and what the circumstances are. They will ignore her and tell her that it is a civil matter.

Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? I am not an employee of Just Answer and I receive credit for assisting you based on your rating. Please enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.