Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

How do I get authority to authorize a cremation dad when

Customer Question

How do I get authority to authorize a cremation for my dad when another sibling is uncooperative?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No text please
Please disregard the question thank you.
Expert:  Ray replied 4 months ago.

Hi and welcome back to JA. Ray here again to help you.

You can try and claim the body here.See if they release it to you and you can then have it transported to cremation site.

Here are potential people that may assist you here with cost.

Financial Assistance: If the deceased was on public assistance, burial assistance may be available. Contact your local County Department of Social Services as soon as possible. Total expenses of burial will be limited to qualify for the benefit so investigate this possibility before contracting for funeral arrangements.
If the deceased was in the military or is the spouse or dependent child of a person in the military, contact the VA cemetery or VA office. There may be burial benefits. The mortuary will call the VA at your request.
Contact fraternal and religious organizations that may conduct funeral services and other organizations of which the deceased was a member. If you have concerns that you cannot resolve with the funeral director or management of the funeral home, contact the Funeral Service Helpline at:(###) ###-####

http://www.denbar.org/index.cfm/ID/20884

I appre4ciate the chance to help again and wish you the best here.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry I did not get back right away had iPhone back up going. So actually money is not an issue so much as it is avoiding the communication with the bad sibling. My dad has a sister in Michigan what would it take to have her get the disposition authority( not sure what is called) . My dad would not care I am just feeling guilty.
Expert:  Ray replied 4 months ago.

If the place will not just release it to you then you would need a lawyer to make application for emergency probate where he deceased,The court appoints you administrator and authorizes you to claim the body.

Expert:  Ray replied 4 months ago.

Lawyer referral

Colorado

El Paso County Bar Association LRS
Colorado Springs, CO

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: El Paso, Teller