Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

Iam in Michigan I leased a new Jetta Friday 214 a month they

Customer Question

Hi Iam in Michigan I leased a new Jetta Friday 214 a month they said it was the best deal they had . find out from my son they go for 149 plus 2000 down I put 6000 down I wan the advertised deal whats my chances
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Michigan
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I just feel I got ripped off by not knowing volkswagons promotions
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, advertisements are not legally binding on the car dealer and as long as, a lease agreement was signed, I am afraid it would be generally too late to attempt to re-negotiate a lease deal, since the consumer would be bound by the terms of the lease agreement.

However, it is always a good idea to speak to the General Manager of the dealership and also to the Volkswagen corporate customer service to see if they would be willing to offer any concessions based on this unfortunate situation.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.