Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I got a person to mow my grass at the homeplace (2 times per

Customer Question

I got a person to mow my grass at the homeplace (2 times per month) as I am in a wheel chair and he charged me 185.50 each month. No contract was signed and has taken me to Magistrate Court. What should I do?
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Did you ever ask the person how much he would charge before you hired him?

.

If so, did he tell you it was $92.75 each time he mowed?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I asked he said 185.50 each time he time

Ok, if you agreed to his price before he mowed, then you entered into an oral contract with him. If he performed the work as agreed, then you are legally liable for paying him..

.

I am not quite sure why you wouldn't feel that you had to pay him for his work if you agreed to his price?

,

Am I missing something here?

.

.

thanks