Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My daughter was dismissed complicated situation was accused

Customer Question

My daughter was dismissed complicated situation was accused of using cell phone during exam .. Only by 2 students not proctor the students have no evidence only they they wanted to target her and bully her by this and followed up by sending harassing text messages ... We have in writing from our phone carrier the phone was off during hrs of exam was not on her body since she was wearing horse back riding pants the dean of school reduced her grade from a b to a c expecting my daughter to accept the grade reduction on a informal resolution Nothing was signed by my daughter .....her emotional distress caused her to fail the following exam ( prior to this exam she reported the distress to the dean and she said no deferral ). Her grade reduction from b to c and 1 f caused her gpa to be dismissed With no due pr
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Ny. I hired a education attorney ... Tried to come to a resolution allow her to repeat the class
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: The school attorney will not allow her to respect the class deferrals only given if death in family ... She went to the dean of student affairs prior to all of this with council We have done everything ...
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Such as what Her phone was not on her body the phone carrier in writing has validated phone was off .... These students have targeted her which the school is investigating The readmisdion policy hold her to a higher standard which is not fair for what had happened to her
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I've read through your extensive facts. Is there a specific question with which I could assist?